Talkdemonic’s “City Sleep” is pseudo-ethereal and jam-like, a resilient backdrop of snare tap and bass taking on the occasional string flurry and inciting drift-like absorption. The video, which depicts a woman sleepwalking amongst made-up weirdos in togas, walking closed-eyed in a desert, appropriately visualizes the song’s mood and intent.
Talkdemonic’s album, Ruins, recently saw release. All info, links and tour dates come courtesy of PMA PR.
Talkdemonic "City Sleep" from Alicia J. Rose on Vimeo.
NEW TALKDEMONIC VIDEO PREMIERE FOR "CITY SLEEP" AT MTV HIVE
TOUR DATES WITH MODEST MOUSE AND MORE
HIGHLIGHTS FROM TALKDEMONIC'S TOUR WITH THE FLAMING LIPS
The first video from Talkdemonic's spellbinding new album Ruins premieres today on MTV Hive! Check it out there or head to Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/aliciajrose/citysleep) to grab the embed link. Here's the scoop on the video:
"City Sleep," a five-minute instrumental opus by Talkdemonic and a standout on their new effort Ruins, has tremendous texture and movement with a gloriously climactic viola ending that inspired director Alicia J. Rose to create a music video employing the viola as the "voice" of the narrative. With cinematic imagery revolving around the concepts of somnambulism, astral projection and performance anxiety, "City Sleep" is played out against luscious Eastern Oregon desert landscapes, a vision laced with magic and the power of confronting ones fear.
Talkdemonic has a handful of shows on the horizon and many more in the works for February 2012.
November 8th Austin, TX @ Stubb's Waller Creek Amphitheater w/ MODEST MOUSE
November 9th Austin, TX @ Stubb's Waller Creek Amphitheater w/ MODEST MOUSE
November 10th Dallas, TX @ Palladium Ballroom w/ MODEST MOUSE
November 18th Missoula, MT @ Top Hat Lounge
November 19th Spokane, WA @ A Club
December 31st Portland, OR @ Mission Theater w/ Deelay Ceelay
Talkdemonic recently went on tour with Kurt Vile and The Flaming Lips. Drummer Kevin O'Connor recounts a few highlights below.
1. Saving Wayne from a angry redneck at a roadhouse bar in South Carolina.
2. Hearing Wayne's description of "Skulls Unlimited", a store in Oklahoma City where you can buy human skulls and in fact where they bought theirs. Seeing a freezer photo of human heads on his cell phone!
3. Partying till 4AM with Kurt Vile and the Violator boys.
4. Playing in the massive haunted Armory building in Rochester, NY, a huge place just featured on Ghost Hunters. It had a gun range underneath the floor and a hundreds of abandoned rooms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suY-ZbEDQy8&feature=related
5. Collaborating with Kliph (Lips Drummer) on "Summer Glass". Check out the video on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z41K2nOEQXM
Jump on over to http://www.talkdemonic.com for more videos, tour updates and photos.
Letters From A Tapehead
I was in Ocean City, New Jersey with a friend, sitting outside on a deck with a boombox resting between us. It was 1993. On this particu...
Boston area label, I Heart Noise , will be reissuing Tommy Bell , a highly obscure indie rock album from Boston's own, Turkish Deligh...
As a manifesto for change, there's something interestingly similar to Charlie Haden 's Liberation Music Orchestra I hear with &quo...