Because the Melvins never seem to run out of excuses to release more material, a covers album featuring an admirable list of collaborators will be coming out in April called Everybody Loves Sausages. Both the Lite and Big Business line-ups of the Melvins are featured and guests include Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys), Scott Kelly (Neurosis) and Mark Arm (Mudhoney).
All info has been provided by Rarely Unable.
GUESTS INCLUDE MARK ARM, JELLO BIAFRA, JG THIRLWELL AND SCOTT KELLY
The Melvins return with a 13-track covers album titled Everybody Loves Sausages which is set for an Apr. 29 release in UK/EU via Ipecac Recordings.
"This record will give people a peak into the kind of things that influence us musically," explains Buzz Osborne. "We REALLY like all of these songs along with the bands who actually wrote this stuff because first and foremost we are HUGE music fans."
In a decidedly Melvins approach to a covers album, the band not only selected a unique assortment of songs to cover, ranging from Roxy Music's "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" to Queen's "Best Friend," they also enlisted several friends to take part including Mudhoney's Mark Arm joining them for The Scientists' "Set It On Fire" and Neurosis' Scott Kelly pitching in on a cover of Venom's "Warhead."
While the release is billed as a proper Melvins' album (featuring the line-up of Osborne, Dale Crover, Jared Warren and Coady Willis), there are a handful of songs recorded as the Melvins Lite incarnation of the band (Osborne, Crover and Trevor Dunn): "Female Trouble" (Divine a.k.a. John Waters), "Timothy Leary Lives" (Pop-O-Pies) and "Romance" by Tales of Terror.
The complete track listing with original artist and guest player notation:
1. Warhead (Venom; Guest: Scott Kelly of Neurosis)
2. Best Friend (Queen; Guest: Caleb Benjamin of Tweak Bird)
3. Black Betty (Original artist unknown)
4. Set It On Fire (The Scientists; Guest: Mark Arm)
5. Station To Station (David Bowie; Guest: JG Thirlwell)
6. Attitude (The Kinks: Guest: Clem Burke of Blondie)
7. Female Trouble (Divine a.k.a. John Waters)
8. Carpe Diem (The Fugs)
9. Timothy Leary Lives (Pop-O-Pies)
10. In Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
11. Romance (Tales of Terror)
12. Art School (The Jam; Guest: Tom Hazelmeyer)
13. Heathen Earth (Throbbing Gristle)
Letters From A Tapehead
A few days ahead of its scheduled reissue, Neurosis ' 1987 debut LP, Pain Of Mind , is currently streaming at the group's Bandcam...
Boston area label, I Heart Noise , will be reissuing Tommy Bell , a highly obscure indie rock album from Boston's own, Turkish Deligh...
As a manifesto for change, there's something interestingly similar to Charlie Haden 's Liberation Music Orchestra I hear with &quo...